When it comes to Recycling and Waste Safety Clive Kelly Safety Ltd have a strong practical background and a deep understanding of our clients’ needs.
We understand what is required with regard to Irish Legislation in the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the General Applications Regulations 2007. Insurers also have similar requirements and we understand and are very familiar with Health and Safety Authority requirements. As part of our service, we can assist companies who wish to reach compliance with all the above.
Clive Kelly Safety Ltd – professional safety with a practical approach in Recycling companies
We understand that the Recycling and Waste Industry is a high risk environment but we also understands that risks can be managed and when managed properly risks are reduced, production disruption is minimised and it is proven the workforce are happier working in a safe environment.
Recycling and Waste Companies who wish to comply with the legislation need to provide the systems, training and processes to cover the items listed below. Clive Kelly Safety Ltd can provide the expertise and assistance sort out what is required to meet these requirements:
- Safety Statements /Risk Assessments / Safe Operating Procedures specific to the company and operations and Method Statements for site activities.
- Fire Extinguishers servicing and replacing when needed.
- GA1 lifting Equipment Certification for Slings, Chains, Shackles, Harnesses, banana skips, block grabs and all other accessories/attachments every 6 months (MEWP’s are also 6 monthly).
- GA1 lifting Equipment Certification for Excavators, Teleporters, Forklifts, Truck Mounted Cranes (Hiab/Palfinger etc), Mobile Cranes, Overhead Gantry Cranes (All 12 monthly).
- We set up filing systems to include: Safety Inductions, Training records and matrix’s, daily and weekly inspections, Tool box talk records, accident reporting, permits, task sheets, GA2 and GA3 forms, Electrical checks records, safety inspections and audits to improve standards but we also assist in the closing out of these audits.
- Training also carried out as required on items such as Loading Shovels, Excavators, Truck Mounted Crane – HIAB training, Overhead Gantry Crane training and training for Forklift, Skidsteers, MEWP’s etc.
- We can provide training, as required, on items such as Truck Mounted Crane – HIAB training, Overhead Gantry Crane training and training for Forklift, Pedestrian Pallet mover, MEWP’s etc. We also provide training on Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, Working at Heights, Fire Training and in the event that training is required such as First Aid/Confined Spaces we bring in trainers under our umbrella to carry out the training for us.
We can tailor our services to meet your needs. Some of our Clients use our services once per week and more once per month depending on factors like budget /size / number of employees / level of risk etc. Visit our page on how we work for more information.
We explain to potential clients that we are and try very hard to be the one stop shop for Recycling and Waste companies. We also understand that the Recycling and Waste industry is competitive and that confidentiality is key. When we leave your premises nobody will know your business. There are highly qualified Consultants /Trainers in the company with lots of practical experience to assist you in managing safety at your location.