Civil Engineering and Road Resurfacing Safety
We understand what is required with regard to Irish Legislation in the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Construction Regulations 2013. We are very familiar with Health and Safety Authority requirements. As part of our service, we can assist companies who wish to reach compliance with all the above.
Clive Kelly worked in Civil Engineering and Road Resurfacing from 1995 as a machine operator gaining lots of practical experience. Clive Kelly also worked then some years later as a Regional Health and Safety Manager in the counties from Clare to Donegal. We worked on Gas Pipelines (One pipeline to Belmullet was 132 km in length), also windfarm projects, water main projects, muckshifting/groundworks projects, sewerage plant developments, commercial development ,small sized road jobs, bypasses, bridges and more.
We understand that Civil Engineering and Road Resurfacing are high risk environments (but all risks can be managed).
We understand these working operations and how it needs to be planned and when the risks are managed and controlled, then production will continue and all the workforce are happier in a safe environment.
Civil Engineering and Road Resurfacing sites require as a minimum the following list below and we at Clive Kelly Safety Ltd can sort out what is required where requested to do so:
- Safety Statements
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Operating Procedures specific to the company and operations
- Fire Extinguishers servicing and replacing when needed.
- GA1 lifting Equipment Certification for Slings, Chains, Shackles, Harnesses, banana skips, block grabs and all other accessories/attachments every 6 months. (MEWP’s are also 6 monthly)
- GA1 lifting Equipment Certification for Excavators, Teleporters, Forklifts, Truck Mounted Cranes (Hiab/Palfinger etc), Mobile Cranes, Overhead Gantry Cranes. (All 12 monthly)
- We set up filing systems to include: Safety Inductions, Training records and matrix’s, daily and weekly inspections, Tool box talk records, accident reporting, permits, task sheets, GA2 and GA3, AF3 forms, Electrical checks records, safety inspections and audits to improve standards but we also assist in the closing out of these audits.
- Solas CSCS 360 degree Excavator, Mini Digger, Articulated Dumper, Site Dumper training can be delivered, also In house machinery training also carried out as required on items such as truck mounted crane – HIAB training, Paver training, roller training, and training for Skidsteers, Tractors and water bowsers, sweepers, planers, chippers etc.
- Also training on Safe Pass, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, Working at Heights, Fire Training and in the event that training is required such as First Aid/Confined Spaces we bring in trainers under our umbrella to carry out the training for us.
- Some of our Clients use our services once per week and more once per month depending on budget/size/number of employees/risk etc
We explain to potential clients that we are and try very hard to be the one stop shop for Civil Engineering and Road Resurfacing Safety in Ireland. We also understand that the Civil Engineering and Road Resurfacing industry is a competitive industry and that confidentiality is key. There are highly qualified Consultants /Trainers in the company with lots of practical experience to assist you in managing safety at your location.