Overhead Gantry Crane Training
Overhead Gantry Crane, pillar crane, pedestal crane safety awareness training is a half day course unless site specific requirements differ.
Courses are limited to a maximum of 6 participants per course, and include the pre use inspections of lifting accessories in the specific location.
We deliver these safety awareness courses Nationwide.
The Safety, health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure so far as reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees which includes provision of the appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision.
At the end of the training course participants should have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of an Overhead Gantry Crane, to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him or herself or any one else
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with
- Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on an Overhead Gantry Crane and report any defect found
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection of an Overhead Gantry Crane
- Introduction to the Overhead Gantry Crane
- Gantry Cranes Risk Assessment
- Lifting plans
- Controls and instruments
- Daily inspection, take-over and maintenance (GA2)
- Starting, stopping and manoeuvring
- Operation of controls
- Weight assessment
- Maneuvering in confined spaces
- Theory and practical assessment
Included in the course is the pre-use inspections of lifting accessories/gear and this short course can also be delivered separately to the overhead crane course.