Block Making Machine and Strapper Safety Training
The Block Making Machine Safety Training and Strapper Safety Training course is of half a day duration.
Courses are limited to a maximum of 6 participants per course.
All participants must have steel toe cap boots, hard hat, hi-visibility clothing, safety gloves and hearing protection as a minimum.
The Safety, health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure so far as reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees and contractors which includes provision of the appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision. Clive Kelly has attended an intensive training course on these machines as well as having a practical background with these machines. Clive also has many training qualifications to deliver the course. Course is delivered through Powerpoint presentation, and through paperwork in a classroom setting with practical (hands-on) elements covered outside afterwards.
At the end of the training course participants should have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of the block making machine and the strapping machine.
- Operator and Staff Safety: Prevent harm to the operator or anybody else.
- Equipment and vehicle damage prevention: Prevent damage to material, structures or vehicles in the area
- Checks: Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on a block making machine and strapping machine.
- Legislation considerations.
- Safety responsibilities of an operator.
- Pre-shift inspection of a block making machine and a strapping machine.
- Safety features on the machine and why these must not be tampered with or bypassed.
- Operators manuals and procedures that must be adhered to.
- Safety DVD on mold change and power-washing of the block making machine.
- Outside walk-around checks.
- Discussion how it can go very wrong with these machines.
- Discussion on captive key systems and A B systems, isolators, interlocks, e-stops and more.
- Theory and practical assessment.