Road Planer/Road Sweeper Training
Road Planer / Road Sweeper Training and assessment programme enables experienced sweeper & planer operators to gain recognition for their achievements through safety certification and provides these operators with the opportunity to demonstrate their skills and knowledge associated with plant operations.
The course has a duration of half a day and a maximum of 6 candidates catered for on each course. The equipment and venue needed for the course must be supplied by the client.
- Health & Safety Act 2005. General Applications Regulations 2007 to 2016.
- Operators manual;
- Road Planer / Road Sweeper Training Pre-use & user checks;
- Risk Assessment
- Over head lines and Underground services codes of practice
- Exclusion zones , sideway safety zones, GPR surveys, service drawings etc.
- Mount/Dismount/Seat belt use (where applicable)
- Moving off, Stopping, Basic steering;
- Manoeuvring Exercises, Hydraulic Controls;
- Loading,Unloading and securing the sweeper / planer onto a transporter and other site specific tasks; (EN 12195)
- Refuelling/Battery care & maintenance;
- Dangers of the public and traffic;
- Theory & Practical Test.