When it comes to Quarry Safety Clive Kelly Safety Ltd have a strong practical background and a deep understanding of our clients’ needs. Clive Kelly offers Quarry Pass training and a range of other training courses tailored to the Quarry Industry in Ireland.
Quarry Safety Legislation
We understand what is required with regard to Irish Legislation (Quarry Regulations 2008), from Insurers and we understand and are very familiar with Health and Safety Authority requirements. As part of our service, we can assist companies who wish to reach compliance with all the above.
Clive Kelly Safety Ltd – professional safety with a practical approach in Quarries
Quarry Safety Experience
Clive Kelly worked in quarries in Clare, Limerick and Cork from 1995 as a machine operator gaining lots of practical experience on the operations of medium to very large quarry operations. Clive Kelly also worked then many years later (2007) as a Health and Safety Manager for a family run quarrying business based in Clare, Roscommon, Limerick and Cork. (8 quarries, 7 tar crews, precast crews, civil engineering works).
Clive Kelly Safety understands the operations and the potential risks associated. When the risks are managed and controlled then production can continue and the workforce are undoubtedly happier and safer.
All quarries require as a minimum the following list below and we at Clive Kelly Safety Ltd can sort out what is required where requested to do so:
- Safety Statements
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Operating Procedures specific to the company and operations
- Brake Testing on Loading Shovels and Laden Dump Trucks (6 monthly)
- Fire Extinguishers service and replacing when needed.
- GA1 lifting Equipment Certification for Slings, Chains, Shackles, Harnesses, banana skips, block grabs and all other accessories/attachments every 6 months. (MEWP’s are also 6 monthly)
- GA1 lifting Equipment Certification for Excavators, Teleporters, Forklifts, Truck Mounted Cranes (Hiab/Palfinger etc.), Mobile Cranes, Overhead Gantry Cranes. (All 12 monthly)
- We set up filing systems to include: Safety Inductions, Training records and matrix’s, daily and weekly inspections, Tool box talk records, accident reporting, permits, task sheets, GA2 and GA3 forms, Electrical checks records, isolation procedures, blasting records and shotfiring rules, safety inspections and audits to improve standards but we also assist in the closing out of these audits.
- Solus QSCS / CSCS / in-house machinery training also carried out as required on items such as Forklifts, Skidsteers, Tractors and water bowsers, sweepers, MEWP’s, Overhead Gantry Cranes etc.
- Health and Safety training for the Quarry industry in Ireland.
(See list of training on website industry by industry)
- Also training on Safe Pass, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, Working at Heights, Fire Training and in the event that training is required such as First Aid / Confined Spaces we bring in trainers under our umbrella to carry out the training for us.
- Some of our Clients use our services weekly or more once per month depending on budget / size of the operation / number of employees / risk involved etc.
We explain to potential clients that we are and try very hard to be the one stop shop for quarry safety in Ireland. We also understand that quarrying is competitive and that confidentiality is key. When we leave your premises nobody will know your business. There are highly qualified Consultants /Trainers in the company with lots of practical experience to assist you in managing safety at your location.
Clive Kelly Safety (training and consulting) is ideal for Quarry companies based in Counties Clare, Galway, Limerick and Tipperary as well as the surrounding Counties. Please contact us for more information.