Scissor lift and boom lift is a half day course for experienced operators. and is limited to a maximum of 6 participants per course.
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees. This includes provision of the appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision. Clive Kelly Safety offers a half day course on mobile elevated platform (MEWP) safe operation and safety checks.
At the end of the training course participants should have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of an MEWP, to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him or herself or any one else,
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with,
- Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on an MEWP and report any defect found.
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection of an MEWP
- MEWP Stability
- Battery care for battery powered or refuelling for diesel or gas powered
- Introduction to the MEWP
- Controls and instruments
- Daily inspection, take-over and maintenance
- Start stopping and steering
- Simple corners and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Weight assessment
- Wearing of Safety Harnesses
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Theory and practical assessment
We can also deliver a working at heights safety programme. (Qualified tutor )