The Lorry Loader | Truck Mounted Crane | HIAB course is of half a day duration.
Courses are limited to a maximum of 6 participants per course.
All participants must have steel toe cap boots, hard hat and hi-visibility vest.
The Safety, health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure so far as reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees which includes provision of the appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision. A HIAB qualification is required to legally use a Lorry Mounted Crane.
At the end of the training course participants should have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of a Lorry Loader (Truck Mounted Crane), to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him or herself or any one else
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with
- Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on a Lorry Loader (Truck Mounted Crane) and report any defect found
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection of a Lorry Loader (Truck Mounted Crane)
- Vehicle Stability
- Introduction to the Lorry loader (Truck Mounted Crane)
- Controls and instruments
- Daily inspection, take-over and maintenance
- Slinging loads
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Weight assessment
- Manoeuvering in confined spaces
- Theory and practical assessment