When it comes to Construction Safety Clive Kelly Safety Ltd have a strong practical background and a deep understanding of our clients’ needs.
We understand what is required with regard to Irish Legislation in the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Construction Regulations 2013, from Insurers and we understand and are very familiar with Health and Safety Authority requirements. As part of our service, we can assist companies who wish to reach compliance with all the above.
Clive Kelly Safety Ltd – professional safety with a practical approach on Construction sites
Clive Kelly worked in the construction industry from 1995 as a machine operator gaining practical experience on the operations of medium to very large sites. Clive Kelly later worked as a Regional Health and Safety Manager supervising 7 Safety Officers in the counties from Clare to Donegal. We worked on Gas Pipelines (one pipeline to Belmullet was 132 kilometres long), also windfarm projects, water main projects, muckshifting / ground works projects, sewerage plant developments, commercial development ,small sized road jobs, bypasses, bridges and more. Clive worked as a safety Manager from 2007 again Managing Safety in Quarries, civils projects and 7 tar crews each day. We still work in these areas today.
We understand that Construction is a high risk environment but all risks can be managed when your Safety Consultant understands the work and how it needs to be planned and when the risks are managed and controlled. Then production will continue and all the workforce are happier in a safe environment.
Construction sites require as a minimum the following list below and we at Clive Kelly Safety Ltd can sort out what is required where requested to do so:
- Safety Statements
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Operating Procedures specific to the company and operations
- Fire Extinguishers servicing and replacing when needed.
- GA1 lifting Equipment Certification for Slings, Chains, Shackles, Harnesses, banana skips, block grabs and all other accessories/attachments every 6 months. (MEWP’s are also 6 monthly)
- GA1 lifting Equipment Certification for Excavators, Teleporters, Forklifts, Truck Mounted Cranes (Hiab/Palfinger etc), Mobile Cranes, Overhead Gantry Cranes. (All 12 monthly)
- We set up filing systems to include: Safety Inductions, Training records and matrix’s, daily and weekly inspections, Tool box talk records, accident reporting, permits, task sheets, GA2 and GA3 forms, Electrical checks records, safety inspections and audits to improve standards but we also assist in the closing out of these audits.
- Solus CSCS Excavator and Dumper training also In house machinery training also carried out as required on items such as truck mounted crane – HIAB training, roller training, and training for Forklift, Skidsteers, Tractors and water bowsers, sweepers, planers, MEWP’s etc.
- Also training on Safe Pass, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, Working at Heights, Fire Training and in the event that training is required such as First Aid/Confined Spaces we bring in trainers under our umbrella to carry out the training for us.
- Some of our Clients use our services once per week and more once per month depending on budget/size/number of employees/risk etc
We explain to potential clients that we are and try very hard to be the one stop shop for construction safety in Ireland. We also understand that the construction industry is competitive and that confidentiality is key. When we leave your premises nobody will know your business. There are highly qualified Consultants /Trainers in the company with lots of practical experience to assist you in managing safety at your location.